64 injury marks found on Rajon’s body: Autopsy


Autopsy report of 13-year-old Sheikh Md Samiul Alam Rajon, who was brutally tortured to death in Sylhet, says the victim died due to brain haemorrhage after sustaining head injuries.

“Rajon died of brain haemorrhage and around 64 injury marks were found in his body,” Akhtar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Jalalabad Police Station, said quoting the forensic report this afternoon.

Tasmina Islam, a doctor at Osmani Medical College and Hospital, performed the autopsy of the victim and handed the report to Alamgir Hossain, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Jalalabad Police Station around 2:00pm, reports our Moulvibazar correspondent.

Meanwhile, police today arrested Ismail Hossain, 30, near his native village Kamarkazi in Sylhet Sadar upazila in connection with the murder of Rajon.

Later, Alamgir Hossain, investigation officer of the case, produced Ismail Hossain before Magistrate Court-2 in Sylhet praying for a seven-day remand.

Police arrested Ismail Hossain in connection with the murder of Rajon. Star photo

The court fixed tomorrow for hearing the remand prayer.

Ismail’s name was not mentioned in the case filed with the police station, the OC said.


Rajon died from excruciating torture after a group of brutes was “punishing” him in Kumargaon Bus Stand area of Sylhet on July 8. His “crime”, they claimed, was stealing.

Meanwhile, a Sylhet court today placed Muhit Alam, who was arrested soon after the death of Rajon, on a five-day remand.

Judge of Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court Farhana Yasmeen passed the order after police produced Muhit before the court with a seven-day remand prayer.

Jalalabad police filed the murder case accusing Muhit and his brother Kamrul Islam, 24, their accomplice Ali Haider, 34, and watchman Moyna Mia alias Boro Moyna, 45, the OC said.

The police officer said he sent a letter to Dhaka Special Branch of police to issue an order so that Muhit’s brother Kamrul Islam, who is a Saudi expatriate, cannot leave country.

Kamrul came to Sylhet a month ago to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr.

On Wednesday, Rajon was beaten tied to a pole, as if he were a beast. He screamed for help, cried for water and begged for his life. But the culprits laughed and jeered at him. One of them even filmed the horrendous scene to share it on Facebook. Rajon died later.

Son of Sheikh Azizur Rahman of Badeali village in sadar upazila, Rajon used to help his family by selling vegetables.

After the killing, the culprits were taking his body on a microbus to dump it in a secluded place, some 200 yards from the torture spot.

They caught attention of some locals. Chased, three of the group fled but Muhit was caught. He was handed over to police.

A 28-minute clip of Rajon’s torture has gone viral, triggering a firestorm of protests in the social media and public outrage in Sylhet. Locals formed a human chain near his house yesterday, demanding maximum punishment to the murderers.

News Source: The Daily Star

Discussion1 Comment

  1. Rajon was tortured not for 28 minutes but 4 hours.
    When the body was discovered he had on different pants.

    The main with the stick Kamrul has gained weight since in jail. They need to rip his toe nails out . The same punishment for each of them which all were egging each other .

    They need to send out a message that this is not ok.
    Show less

Leave A Reply